CaVU Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Computing Infrastructure (CI) Engineer.
Location: San Diego, CA
Employment Type: Full Time, Salary Exempt
Clearance: DoD Secret or higher
Citizenship: Must be a United States Citizen
Provide engineering support to Military Sealift Command (MSC) Development and Consolidated Afloat Network and Enterprise Services (CANES) program in support of PEO C4I, PMW 160. This opportunity is in support of SSC Pacific and their client. The individual will be responsible for providing technical and programmatic analysis in support of CANES design and installation on board Military Sealift Command (MSC) platforms. The individual will provide strong systems engineering, information technology, and cybersecurity knowledge, developing solutions and implementing enhancements across applications and hardware.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance in troubleshooting C4ISR issues and make recommendations concerning issue resolution and system employment and optimization.
- Subject matter expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, backup solutions and competitive storage offerings in the DAS / SAN product spaces.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, multiplexers, firewalls, bridges and gateways.
- The Engineer shall have software installation experience and C4ISR system documentation experience in accordance to Configuration Management policies for SPAWAR.
- Engineer shall be able to understand and follow the Configuration Item Component Description (CICD) and Interface Control Document (ICD) process and procedures.
- Provide cybersecurity (IT security) and engineering support with IT hardware, software, networks/security systems, including DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIGs) and Security Recommendation Guides (SRG).
- Support all platform-wide sustainment efforts including troubleshooting installation planning and additional collaboration.
- The engineer shall conduct/support laboratory test procedure events as required to support System Integration Test (SIT) events. This includes pretest preparations, participation in the tests and providing documentation identifying/mitigating any findings.
- Assist with modification of existing or development of new system architectures, proposing enhancements to improve efficiency, effectiveness, supportability, and sustainability.
Basic Qualifications and Clearance Requirements:
- 2 years of engineering experience working with Consolidated Afloat Network Enterprise System (CANES) or Integrated Shipboard Network System (ISNS)
- 2 years of Navy Afloat Applications installation & integration
- Cyber-Security Workforce (CSWF) IAT2 (per DoD Inst 8750.1 and Navy requirements) with appropriate IA certification.
- 2 years of relevant experience with Server and Storage Design and/or Integration
- 2 years of Enterprise Change Reports (ECR), Enterprise Problem Reports (EPR) experience.
- CompTIA Security+ CE as a minimum certification
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) preferred
- Minimum security clearance level of SECRET
If you are interested in knowing more, please send your resume to HR@cavuconsultinginc.com.