CaVU Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Linux/Unix Cyber Security Engineer to work in San Diego. This position will provide Information Assurance (IA) and systems engineering support to Navy acquisition program management offices responsible for unmanned vehicles and/or unattended systems. The ideal candidate will have experience in Linux-Unix, IA, systems engineering, cross domain solutions administration/engineering/accreditation, DoD/DoN certification and accreditation process, Naval computer operations, and working with software development teams.
The candidate selected for this position will meet the certification requirements for membership in the Cyber Security Work Force (CSWF).
SCOPE OF WORK: This position will provide Cyber Security and systems engineering support to Navy acquisition program management offices responsible for integrating Unmanned Carrier Launched Airborne Surveillance and Strike (UCLASS) System Product Development, and Technical Support with Distributed Common Ground System – Navy (DCGS-N).
- Machine and environment lockdowns and compliance with DoD, NSA, DISA, NIST, and other IA-related military/federal requirements (such as STIG)
- Conduct ST&E for enclave and system accreditations and resolve or mitigate vulnerabilities
- Assist with developing C&A packages through inputs, review, and modifications
- Report and assist w/validation for all CAT1 and CAT2 findings
- Update system technical documentation and program descriptions
- Participate in collaborations as requested
- Provide engineering guidance based on DoD and industry Security Best Business Practices, security requirements and cyber security trends and solutions to include risk assessments and mitigations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Individual with 5 years of Cyber Security / Information Assurance (IA), and systems administrator
- Engineering experience.
- Individual with 2 years of experience in the past 5 years with the DIACAP process and knowledge of applicable DOD, NSA, DISA, and NIST Information Assurance policies and guidance.
- Individual with 3 years of experience with Certification & Accreditation.
- Linux/Unix proof of training or commercial certification (for LX0-101 and LX0-102) and a Security +, CISSP (or equivalent) certification.
Interested? Please forward your resume to HR@CaVUConsultingInc.com
Position Status: Closed
Clearance: SECRET w/current SSBI - TS/SCI preferred