CaVU Consulting, Inc. is seeking a mid-level Systems Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
Employment Type: Full Time, Salary Exempt
Clearance: DoD Top Secret or higher
Citizenship: Must be a United States Citizen
Provide engineering support to Coast Guard Development and Consolidated Afloat Network and Enterprise Services (CANES) program in support of PEO C4I, PMW 160. This opportunity is in support of SSC Pacific and their client. The individual will be responsible for providing technical and programmatic analysis in support of CANES design and installation on board Coast Guard platforms. The individual will provide strong systems engineering, information technology, and cybersecurity knowledge, developing solutions and implementing enhancements across applications and hardware.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, multiplexers, firewalls, bridges and gateways.
- The Engineer shall follow software installation experience and C4ISR system documentation experience in accordance to Configuration Management policies for SPAWAR.
- Experience with applying DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIGs) and Security Recommendation Guides (SRG).
- Experience providing Cybersecurity (IT security) and engineering support with IT hardware, software, networks/security system, or management services with IT hardware, software, networks/security system.
- Support technical baseline management and event based technical reviews with CANES Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), other solution owners, and Lead Systems Integrators.
- Review Ship Installation Drawings (SID), and all acquisition and systems engineering documentation.
- Support all platform-wide sustainment efforts including troubleshooting installation planning and additional collaboration across all logistical/program stakeholders as HW/SW is fielded through SOVT completion and acceptance
- Assist with modification of existing or development of new system architectures, proposing enhancements to improve efficiency, effectiveness, supportability, and sustainability.
- 2+ years of network engineering, Virtualization technologies (Specifically VMware), switching, and routing.
- 2+ years of Navy Systems Command, Acquisition/Integration Program Office experience
- 2+ years of software installation/SOVT knowledge (SW install/SOVT experience a plus)
- BA or BS degree in an IT field
- Understanding of the System Engineering Technical Review (SETR) process preferred
- Basic understanding of ship and shore-based Navy Communications and Network Infrastructure systems
- CompTIA Security+ CE as a minimum certification
- Cisco CCNA certification preferred
- Top Secret or higher clearance required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and MS Project is desired
If you are interested in knowing more, please send your resume to HR@cavuconsultinginc.com.